Adderall Abuse Treatment
Adderall abuse or even long-term use often results in addiction. This requires treatment before the user can regain their freedom. Most of the abusers are people seeking a high, students who are studying and want to remain a wake and alert for longer periods as well as by people who are trying to lose weight.
The most successful way of treating an Adderall addiction is by enrolling in an Amphetamine addiction treatment center. These centers provide a safe and supportive environment where the addict receives professional treatment and counseling to help them drop the habit. Adderall is known to cause a strong addiction both physical and psychological, just like other Amphetamines. It is important that the person who is trying to quit receive support from family members, therapists and counselors, close friends, people in your church, health care providers and other recovering addicts.
There is no particular drug that is used to treat Adderall addiction; however, a detox program in a rehab facility is good in that it offers a safe environment for the user to safely and comfortably stop taking the drug without the numerous unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Often the 12-step program is employed in the treatment. A good rehab facility can be of enormous help to a patient.
It is not always easy to pick a good substance abuse rehab facility, but the following points will help you do this.
- A good rehab center should employ a simple and well-proven treatment program. A program with a sauna, good nutrition and physiotherapy is strongly recommended. Many facilities claim to offer advanced and expensive programs whose efficiency has yet to be proven. Avoid these elaborate programs and opt for a simple program.
- A good facility should give the guarantee that in case of program failure, they will be willing to offer free treatment to the patient. This way the facility is held accountable and they are likely to offer better services.
- A good facility should be certified. It should be well known by doctors along with city and government officials. Avoid facilities whose level of service and competency has not been accredited.
- The program that is used in the facility should be well proven. Ideally, it should be a program that has been used success fully by the facility for many years.
- Do not believe the hype. Some facilities claim success rates that exceed 80%. Study after study has shown that a typical facility has success rates around 50%.
- The detox program used by the facility should not take less than two weeks. Studies have shown that the short detox programs that advertise the claim that the person will be able to return to work in a matter of days are seldom effective.
- Studies have also shown that treatment programs where the person stays in the facility for less than 3 weeks are rarely effective. The longer the person stays in the facility, the higher are their chances are of a full recovery.
With the help of the professionals in a rehab facility 800-303-2482, a person is likely to recover from Adderall addiction.